Pages

Sunday, 13 March 2011

beginnings

Wow... my 1st post on my 1st blog! Written expression in different forms has been part of my life since I started to write. Little scribbles here and there, on pieces of paper, napkins and any surface that was at hand actually! Never thought that it was important in any way, but always felt the urge to jot down my thoughts or feelings or observations. A few words here and there, then a few lines. Today I found my "collection". Hahaaa... I had such a laugh flipping through the file I had so diligently put together during my college days. It contains little scribbles and song lyrics that I so earnestly had written down, and the latest additions that were typed out. Lucky for me, I had made the point of writing the date each time, which has made it now so meaningful to me. Looks like I got very into song lyrics at one stage during primary school, jotting down the words of my favourite songs and even making up a few of my own. Funny thinking about it now! Besides my own "collection", during high school I started collecting pieces of writing - short quotes, sayings, poems etc - by famous authors, writers, even celebraties... anything that I found interesting. It was at that time where we started analysing poetry, plays and stories for English that my interest in the meanings became hightened. The words behind the words... the said and the unsaid. I started to appreciate the talents and genius of known authors and poets, and also the jottings and writings of the unknown. So here we go... from the known, unknown, mine, others... a kaleidascope of thoughts, ideas, observations and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment