Pages

Thursday, 17 March 2011

Who... me?

Who... Me?
Really? Me?
Opening up like this?
Wow! What a shift for me...
to put my writing out there
in the public domain
for all eyes to see
Really feels like baring my soul
is what I'm doing
May seem like a little thing
But it really is not
For a person who is really very private
until recently maybe
About feelings, emotions, underlying thoughts
The deep nitty gritty of it all gets penned down
- usually in a little book or piece of paper
and kept in a safe place for my eyes only
But I think that I finally feel brave enough,
confident enough, and yes, safe enough
to be able to take the leap.
Yes I have always been jotting down
But for the 1st time I am putting myself out there
- for the things that I have written
and those pieces that I have picked that were written by others.
It really is quite a shift...
a big step
like you can see right down to my inner being
my soul
Each piece, each word
carefully chosen over the years
Being used as a band-aid at times, as encouragement and motivation,
as a sounding board for raw emotion,
for so many things and so many contexts.
I used the words, mine and others,
as a means to express myself
And now I continue to use it to express myself
- and between you and me...
It is a bit nerve-wrecking
But oh so liberating too.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment